Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Steifvater

Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same.

Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life.

Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after...

I really enjoyed this book.  The cover is gorgeous- of course- and it fits the amazing work contained in it.  We really get to know Adam and Ronan in this book.  There are some great scenes with Noah and Blue as well.  Ronan's life has been rough but he makes the most of it as best as he can.  Adam is still dealing with his choices from the last book.  He has so much to learn about himself now that he is free of his father.  But does Adam have enough time to do the things that he should and not the things that he wants to.  I really liked seeing Adam come into his own in this book, even if it took the whole story for him to get there.  The entire book feels magical.  I have never read a Maggie Stiefvater book that I didn't like.  This one is no exception.  I can not wait for the next book to see what will happen next.

You can find out more about Maggie Stiefvater and her work on her website.  You can also find her on Facebook and Twitter.  Click here to find The Raven Cycle on Goodreads.  This book earns 4 Fairies for a great book about friendship, love, and the choices we all make.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have almost every book written by Maggie, and I have only read two... I will get to this one soon, and your review made me realize that I should read this series next :)