Friday, November 5, 2010

The Noble Pirates by R. L. Jean



I won a copy of this e-book and while I was a little worried that I would not be able to get into it- fear not my friends- this book will eat you alive. I was so sucked into the story that R. L. is telling that I read the book straight through without stopping. Over the course of the story the main character, Sabrina, grows and changes and falls in love. She has been taken back in time by the Bermuda Triangle when she falls overboard while on a cruise. Sabrina is then plucked out of the water by pirates in the year 1718. She remains a pirate over the course of a year and falls in love with Howel Davis. Later, she meets a Navy Seal (who happens to be a douchebag) and finds out that he went back in time from 2020 on purpose with no idea how to get back. John Roberts also tells Sabrina that he has no intention of returning to his time. Instead he will remain the greatest pirate who ever lived. So he facilitates sending her back in his place so she returns to 2020 and not to the year 2009 that she disappeared in. Then after she has been returned and the government has hushed her up, she finds that she may have left something worth going back for in the past- and of course this revelation comes in the last paragraph of the book. I loved this book when I was sure that I would not. I would encourage ANYONE and EVERYONE to give this book a try. You can find out more about it at the Noble Pirates Website or on the author's website. You can also buy it for $2.99 on Smashwords or on Amazon for the Kindle for $2.99. You won't be disappointed!

No comments: