Monday, June 13, 2011

Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls Book 3) by Maggie Steifvater

I can't believe that this day is finally here.  The last Wolves of Mercy Falls review.  It's bittersweet to think that we're leaving Sam and Grace behind after this.  *sigh*  I'm going to have to be super careful not to let any spoilers slip because I want you all to experience the book the same way that I did.  Here's the Goodreads Blurb:


The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater.


In Maggie Stiefvater's SHIVER, Grace and Sam found each other. In LINGER, they fought to be together. Now, in FOREVER, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

Let's talk about the cover.  I read an ARC so it didn't have all the features that the final cover will but it was still beautiful.  We have Grace the wolf in the upper left and Sam the boy in the lower right.  Poor Sam!  The story picks up shortly after Linger left us with it just beginning to feel like spring and the wolves slipping in and out of their human shapes as the temperature changes back and forth.  Now that the roles have reversed, Sam finds himself in the sad position of waiting for Grace to return.  It was heartbreaking to watch Sam trying to go through the motions of daily life while Grace remains a wolf.  I loved Sam from the first moment we see him in Shiver and he still tugs at the heart strings.  We get to see Sam grow and become stronger in Forever and I love that.  We also see a fair amount of Isabel and Cole.  They each get to tell some of their story as well and that is interesting.  Seeing Cole and Sam together really brings out the things that make each of them themselves.  Cole makes us see what really makes Sam Sam and vice versa.  I really loved this book and my eyes were full of tears when it ended.  It's hard to say goodbye to Mercy Falls but the story was worth it.

I hope you all have preordered Forever because it will move you and keep you on the edge of your seat for the entire ride.  I will say that this one is for readers 14 years and up due to violence, drug  issues and some light sexual situations.  There is nothing overly graphic but the subject material is pretty heavy for younger readers.  Also, make sure you watch for the next book that Maggie has coming out: The Scorpio Races.  It sounds great and I know I am waiting very impatiently to read the ARC I have in my To Read Pile!  As always, you can find Maggie on her website, Facebook and Twitter.  Now, go make sure you have Forever preordered or that you've scheduled time into your day on July 12th to go pick it up!

Forever earns 4 Fairies for wolf saving and Sam.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to be a part of a book tour for this and I'm really excited about it. So, I am definitely going to have to hurry up and re-read the first two books at some point, so that I can be ready for this one. :)

Thanks for sharing the review, it was great.

Suz @ A Soul Unsung
My WoW + Third Sentence Thursday!

Megan said...

Thanks! I can't wait to see what you think of Forever!