Friday, July 29, 2011

Diversify Your Reading! !


I don't know how this slipped through the cracks, but I'm taking part in the Diversify Your Reading Challenge for the Summer of 2011.  This challenge is being hosted by Diversity in YA, a site and tour founded by Cindy Pon and Malinda Lo.  If you've been watching my blog you know how I feel about Malinda and diversity in general.  This Challenge is the third "diverse" challenge that I've signed up for this year.  I'm one book shy of my GLBT challenge goal of ten books and I still have a number of books in my To Read pile that qualify under that challenge.  The most challenging challenge this year has been the YA Paranormal GLBT challenge. More paranormal YA books need GLBTQ main characters.  For real.  The Diversify Your Reading Challenge is far more broad than the other challenges but that is what makes it even more awesome.  For the Diversify Challenge, you get to choose your own books as long as they have characters/themes that deal with diversity such as: GLBTQ characters, characters of color, or differently able characters.  They're also opening the challenge with a great give away.  You can check it all out here.  At the end of this challenge, around September 1, I'll post my recap for ya'll here!  Please join me in this challenge.  It should make the rest of the summer that much more awesome!

No comments: