Sunday, August 28, 2011

Twisted (Intertwined Series) by Gena Showalter

I had the immense pleasure of meeting Gena Showalter at the Harlequin Teen group signing where I got an ARC of Twisted signed. She was so nice!  I love this cover because it is purple but I think I like the covers with only Aden better.  Here's the Goodreads blurb for this third book in the series:


His vampire girlfriend might have brought him back to life, but he's never felt more out of control. There's a darkness within him, something taking over…changing him. Worse, because he was meant to die, death now stalks him at every turn. Any day could be his last.
Once upon a time, the three souls trapped inside his head could have helped him. He could have protected himself. But as the darkness grows stronger, the souls grow weaker—just like his girlfriend. The more vampire Aden becomes, the more human Victoria becomes, until everything they know and love is threatened.

Life couldn't get any worse. Could it?
This book is wonderful because you get to see lots of different viewpoints on what's going on.  We see Riley freaking out and chasing down his girl.  Aden is just messed up.  The whole book he's trying to figure out what is going on.  Poor Victoria is just out at sea, she's so confused about what is happening with Aden.  The whole book is non stop action and adventure from start to finish.  But the ending will leave you dying for more.  I really enjoyed this one and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for Aden and his friends.  There is a fair amount of violence and a sprinkling of sexual talk but no graphic sexual situations.  This one is for readers over 14 for sure.

You can find out more about Gena Showalter and her books by checking out her blog and you can follow her on Twitter.  Please note that her blog has information for both her YA and Adult series'.  You may see adult material there!  Click here to add the Intertwined series to your Goodreads.

Twisted gets 3 Fairies for a strange journey through this book.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the purple too but I think you are right the other two are better :) I just ordered the two first books but I have not got them yet. I hope they are as good as they look