Thursday, October 13, 2011

Iron Knight (Iron Fey #4) by Julie Kagawa

I was so excited to be able to read a Advanced Review Copy of this book!  As you may know, I am firmly Team Ash because Puck doesn't doesn't take somethings seriously enough.  I know that my stance on this is somewhat scandalous based on my epic love of men with red hair but I just can't get behind Puck without a lot of Ash in the mix.  *ducks as all the Team Puck Girls throw tomatoes*  Anyway, here is the Goodreads blurb:

My name—my True Name—is Ashallayn'darkmyr Tallyn.
I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her.

My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl…

I loved this final book in the Iron Fey series!  Ash and Puck go on an epic quest to find a way for Ash to be with Meghan Chase, the Iron Queen.  You really get to see Ash and Puck's friendship, or sometimes, lack thereof as they journey across the world and the Nevernever.  It was interesting to see the two of them together without Meghan to act as an intermediary.  We got to really get a glimpse back in time to see the relationship that the two had before it all went wrong and before the human daughter of the Summer King ever entered their lives.  Ash tells the story and you really feel like you're following the heroic and romantic knight of storybook legends as he quests to be with his true love.  Yeah, unrealistic in the real world or of knights but with Ash, it only makes him that much more amazing.  Overall, this book was beautiful and I was sad but glad to see it end.  The Iron Knight will be released on October 25.  I've also heard that there may be a series coming from Julie in the future that follows Meghan's little brother.  I guess we shall see.  These books are wonderful for readers 13 and over.

Click here to add the Iron Fey series books to your Goodreads.  You can also check out Julie Kagawa's website or follow her on Twitter.  If you haven't already ordered your copy of The Iron Knight, make sure you hurry out to get yours ordered and if you haven't read the Iron Fey Series yet, you must try them!!

Iron Knight earns 5 Fairies for the excess of hot fairy men and for the epic quest.


No comments: