Saturday, January 14, 2012

Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2) by Kiersten White

I've been in something of a reading slump since the holidays.  Just burnt out on too much going on, I suspect.  But I finally finished my first book of 2012: Supernaturally by Kiersten White.  Supernaturally is the sequel to Paranormalcy which was one of my favorites.  Here is the Goodreads blurb:

Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.

So much for normal.
I loved every minute of this book.  I read it in one day because I just could not put it down.  Nothing goes well for Evie in this second book.  Real life is hard for her, she feels unimportant, and to top it all off- her boyfriend is immortal and she's not.  There is a kooky new character, Jack, who brings a fair amount of crazy into the story.  This one kept me guessing all the way through as to who was behind what and who was up to no good.  What an amazing follow up to Paranormalcy.

You can find out more about Kiersten White by checking her out on Twitter and on her blog.  You can also click here to add the Paranormalcy books on Goodreads.  The third book in the series, Endlessly, will come out in July!

Supernaturally earns 4 Fairies for being an exciting read with some fun characters and a nonstop plot!


1 comment:

Bleuette said...

Sounds pretty good! I didn't like the first book very much but hopefully this one will be better for me. :)