Thursday, October 25, 2012

Forgive My Fins (Fins #2) by Tera Lynn Childs

I love Tera Lynn Childs!  I have been on her Team Splash and Venom Squad for a number of releases now because her books are one of those things that you should just share with everyone!  I was so glad to finally get to read Fins are Forever, recently.  Here's the cover and Goodreads blurb:


On Lily Sanderson’s eighteenth birthday she’ll become just a girl—still a mergirl, true, but signing the renunciation will ink Princess Waterlily of Thalassinia out of existence. That leaves plain old Lily living on land, dating the boy she loves, and trying to master this being-human thing once and for all. Now that Lily and Quince are together, mer bond or not, she’s almost content to give up her place in the royal succession of Thalassinia. But just when she thinks she has everything figured out, the waves start to get rough. Lily’s father sends a certain whirlpool-stirring cousin to stay with her on land. What did Doe do to get herself exiled from Thalassinia and stuck in terraped form, when everyone knows how much she hates humans? And why why why is she batting her eyelashes at Lily’s former crush, Brody? The seafoam on the raging surf comes when a merboy from Lily’s past shows up—Tellin asks Lily for something that clouds her view of the horizon. There’s a future with Quince on land, her loyalty to the kingdom in the sea, and Lily tossing on the waves in the middle. Will she find a way to reconcile her love, her duty, and her own dreams?
This book... wow.  I was tearing through it because I had to see how it would work out and in the end, I felt like Tera had kicked me down some stairs.  The ending left me with more questions than it solved but it still felt satisfying.  Quince was amazing in this book.  He has to be one of my all time favorite book boys and he did not disappoint.  Lily was great too.  I liked her so much more in this book as opposed to the first one.  She has a much better voice and attitude in this book.  Brody was even better in this one and I wasn't sure that there was any way to redeem him.  Doe was an interesting character to get to see more of.  There was so much going on in this story but it was exciting and engaging.

You can click here to add Fins are Forever to your Goodreads.  You can find Tera Lynn Childs on her website, her blog and on Twitter.  I give this book 4 Fairies for a great read that made my weekend!


No comments: