Sunday, February 17, 2013

Reached (Matched #3) by Ally Condie

I finally got around to reading Reached.  I loved Matched and Crossed so I was a little hesitant to read Reached because it meant that the series was over.  Reading Reached was bittersweet but the ending was definitely satisfying.  Here's the cover and the Goodreads blurb:


After leaving Society to desperately seek The Rising, and each other, Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again. Cassia is assigned undercover in Central city, Ky outside the borders, an airship pilot with Indie. Xander is a medic, with a secret. All too soon, everything shifts again.
I will admit to being Team Ky all the way.  Ky just grabbed me from the first time I saw him in Matched.  He is just so caring and passionate about poems and words.  I loved him from the beginning.  Xander is a good person who cares for Cassia but I always felt like he was focused on his crush on her to the exclusion of all else.  They care for one another but Xander and Cassia are just not a match.  In this book we see everything for each point of view: Xander, Cassia and Ky.  Xander is working as a medic.  Cassia is sorting and trading.  Ky is a pilot.  Each of them is on their own and while they are seperated, they each spend time thinking about their relationship.  This book is such a fulfilling ending to the series.

You can click here to find the Matched series on Goodreads.  You can find out more about Ally Condie and the Matched series on her Facebook Fan Page, her Twitter, her blog and her website.  I give 4 Fairies to this emotional conclusion to the Matched series that I love so much.


No comments: