Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I Can See For Miles by Lisa Worrall

I stumbled across this book on Amazon when it was recommended to me.  I immediately bought a copy and read it right away.  Here is the cover and the Goodreads blurb:


After a kayaking accident took Josh Donald’s sight, he’s faced with learning to negotiate the world as a blind man. In short order, his boyfriend leaves him behind, making it clear he’s not inclined to deal with special needs. Reeling from the blow, Josh flounders. In an attempt to help, Josh’s friends take him to a camp for the blind, where he falls for the camp organizer, Charlie Cooper. Charlie seems to feel the attraction too, but when a horse named Dottie pushes them into a hot first kiss, Charlie resists. He believes he’s damaged goods, not boyfriend material. Since the accident, Josh has faced tough obstacles, but the most challenging hurdle of all may be getting Charlie to open up and take a chance on love.
This book is an emotional read for sure.  I really enjoyed the relationship between Josh and Charlie.  One is losing his sight and one already has.  Charlie has chosen to help others like him and to see the bright side life.  He has been given the chance to remember the things that he can see and he is grateful for it even though he is worried about what it will mean to his life when his sight does finally degenerate completely.  Josh is a challenge to Charlie and Charlie is soothing to Josh.  They complement each other well.  I loved seeing this hopeful story about love in the face of all odds.  This book was a joy to read.  I look forward to reading more from Lisa Worrall.

You can find Lisa Worrall and her works on her website and her blog.  She can also be found on Twitter and Facebook.    Click here to add I Can See for Miles to your Goodreads.  I give this one 5 Fairies for a great book that I am happy to have stumbled across.


No comments: