Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Gravedigger's Brawl by Abigail Roux

I wasn't sure what to expect when I first got this book for review from NetGalley but it quickly turned into one of my favorites.  Here is the cover and the Goodreads blurb:


Dr. Wyatt Case is never happier than when he’s walking the halls of his history museum. Playing wingman for his best friend at Gravedigger’s Tavern throws him way out of his comfort zone, but not as much as the eccentric man behind the bar, Ash Lucroix.

Ash is everything Wyatt doesn’t understand: exuberant, quirky, and elbow deep in a Gaslight lifestyle that weaves history into everyday life. He coordinates his suspenders with his tongue rings. Within hours, Wyatt and Ash are hooked.

But strange things are afoot at Gravedigger’s, and after a knock to the head, Ash starts seeing things that can’t be explained by old appliances or faulty wiring. Soon everyone at Gravedigger’s is wondering if they’re seeing ghosts, or just going crazy. The answer to that question could end more than just Wyatt and Ash’s fragile relationship—it might also end their lives.
I loved this book.  I really did.  I started reading it not knowing what to expect and barely two chapters in, I was hooked.  I wish there was a real Gravedigger's Tavern.  I love the idea of Gaslight and Ash just won me over.  Wyatt was adorable as well.  Really, all the characters were enjoyable.  They have this fun little family and this amazing bar to hang out in.  Then Abigail Roux throws in a crazy amazing ghost story and it is pretty much perfect.  I love the tone of this book.  It left me wanting to get my husband some suspenders and a bunch of vests.  This book is one of my top ten of the year so far!  Great characters and great story!  I hope you will give it a chance!

You can click here to find it on Goodreads.  Abigail Roux can be found on her website, Tumblr, Twitter, and Facebook.  I give The Gravedigger's Brawl 5 stars for a wonderful book that is so much more than an M/M romance.


No comments: