Friday, July 5, 2013

Too Stupid To Live (Romancelandia #1) by Anne Tenino

I have had a long history with romance novels.  I loved them in college, when they were the fun reading that got me through all the science textbooks.  I loved them after I got married and I had to find an escape from the Wiggles.  I still love them today because they are an escape.  They take you to a place you wish you could go, where men are significantly better than they usually in real life.  I jumped at the chance to read and review this romance from Riptide Publishing about a guy who loves romance novels so much that he sees his love life as one!  How fun is that?!  Here is the cover and the Goodreads blurb:


It isn't true love until someone gets hurt.

Sam’s a new man. Yes, he’s still too tall, too skinny, too dorky, too gay, and has that unfortunate addiction to romance novels, but he’s wised up. His One True Love is certainly still out there, but he knows now that real life is nothing like fiction. He’s cultivated the necessary fortitude to say “no” to the next Mr. Wrong, no matter how hot, exciting, and/or erotic-novel-worthy he may be.

Until he meets Ian.

Ian’s a new man. He’s pain-free, has escaped the job he hated and the family who stifled him, and is now—possibly—ready to dip his toe into the sea of relationships. He’s going to be cautious, though, maybe start with someone who knows the score and isn’t looking for anything too complicated. Someone with experience and simple needs that largely revolve around the bedroom.

Until he meets Sam.

Sam’s convinced that Ian is no one’s Mr. Right. Ian’s sure that Sam isn’t his type. They can’t both be wrong . . . can they?

I loved the interaction between Ian and Sam.  Sam was adorable and I spent the whole book rooting for him!  I thought he really deserved to get what he wanted.  Ian was so tough on the outside but being with Sam wore him down.  In love you can't always tell how something is going to turn out based on how it starts.  Ian and Sam end up being amazing together.  I loved watching Sam grow into himself with Ian.  He came out of his shell and got some much need confidence after his last loser boyfriend.  Ian came to terms with what it meant to go from random hook ups to a real relationship.  He made some mistakes with Sam but they pull through and it is awesome!  Their circle of friends is pretty funny and makes for an entertaining background.  This was such a sweet read!  I really am loving Anne Tenino's writing and I look forward to more from her.


Click here to add this book to your Goodreads.  You can find Anne Tenino on her website.  I give Too Stupid to Live 4 Fairies for a super fun read!


No comments: