Today I have a guest post from author Danica Winters! Here's her Top Ten Vegas Vices!
Top Ten Vegas Vices
In my latest release, Winter Swans, I take readers to the Sin City. I love Vegas, the lights, the action, the noise. Chance and Harper have an unforgettable time, but to write these scenes I had to do plenty of research. During my research (BTW no one needed to twist my arm to head to Vegas), I had the chance to pick my top ten favorite Vegas Vices!
10. I’m not much a nightclub goer (I’d rather see the shows—See #1), but it begs mentioning that this is a wonderful Vice that most people LOVE about Vegas!
9. I love Cirque du Soleil. Every time I go to Vegas this show is my “Must See.”
8. CSI: The Experience... This is like an author’s crack. We can’t help, we have to solve the mystery!
7. The Vegas Mob Tour… Not going to give any spoilers, but one cannot read Winter Swans without wanting to watch The Godfather. (My favorite line keeps popping into my head. “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.”)
6. I’m a nerd, but I love walking through the hotels and looking at the interior design. I love the Bellagio (one of the main settings for Winter Swans).
5. Again, see the nerd comment, but I love playing games in the basement of the Excalibur! When you are done losing money at the casino tables, you can walk down the steps and win prizes. This way, you at least get something for your money! (LOL)
4. Shopping! I always need an extra bag to carry my ‘goodies’ home! Heaven is a place where you can eat chocolate, drink wine, and buy shoes in a single hallway.
3. I’m a poker player. To get ready to write Winter Swans, I had to brush up on my poker skills! Love those live tables (but no high-stakes poker for me)!
2. (This is a close tie for number one…) Chippendales!
(Figure 1: Okay, maybe not exactly these Chippendales, but I could not resist!)
1. By far my favorite Vegas vice has to be Thunder From Down Under!
*What are your favorite vices in Sin City?*
A curse that forbids her to love…A child that he must keep secret…An attack on the culture she holds dear…And a battle that could get them killed…
Single dad and professional poker player, Chance Landon, hates the world after his ex-wife is found dead in a cheap apartment in rural Idaho. On a lone-wolf crusade to find the killer, he instead learns that he is the father of a strange little girl who carries secrets that only a woman like his ex-wife can answer.
When his ex-wife’s killer learns about his daughter’s abilities and decides to come after the young girl, Chance enlists the help of the beautiful and deadly swan-shifting nymph, Harper Cygnini, who helps to teach him the truth of his daughter’s condition. Chance soon realizes that he alone can’t save his daughter from the sadistic killer and he finds himself in a battle between his head and his heart. Will Chance gamble on a future that involves falling in love—which may well cost him his life—or is that one bet his is unwilling to take?
Danica Winters is a bestselling author who is known for writing award-winning books that grip readers with their ability to drive emotion through suspense and often a touch of magic.
When she’s not working, she can be found in the wilds of Montana testing her patience while she tries to understand the allure of various crafts (quilting, pottery, and painting are not her thing).
She always believes the cup is neither half full nor half empty, but it better be filled with wine.
Hosted by:a Rafflecopter giveaway