Monday, March 31, 2014

Haunted Halls By M. Raiya

I always click on the ARCs that seem different and interesting when I am browsing NetGalley. Haunted Halls lept out at me because it was a ghostly love story. The bridge between the living and those who came before us has always intrigued me and I've been wanting to see a really well done ghostly love story. Haunted Halls did not disappoint and only left me wanting more.

College should be a blast for Evan: Same state where he grew up, just a few hours from home, tuition is free, and there's nothing but new experiences and opportunity in front of him. All he feels is homesick, alone, and adrift. Whatever thrills his roommates eludes Evan.

He is distracted from his misery by Gabriel, who seems to come and go in the blink of eye. But he's beautiful, confident, proud—everything Evan is not. Most of all, he's a mystery, and one that Evan is determined to solve …


I loved the old time feel of Gabriel. He had a great feel about him. I felt as if I could see the age on him, as if I could see that he was in a time that he did not belong in.  Gabriel was a lovely character and I really enjoyed reading about him.  Evan reminded me a lot of myself in my first year of college.  I was like Evan in that I did not automatically fit in with my roommate and I had to really find the friends that I would end up having forever.  The story was extremely interesting and really drew me in.  The idea of alchemy or science from bygone years was unique.  Over all, I really enjoyed this novella but I feel like it just wasn't enough.  I want to see it fleshed out in to a full novel.  It is great as is but it could be absolutely stunning.  Give it a read!

You can add Haunted Halls to your Goodreads here.  Haunted Halls will release on May 7.  You can find M. Raiya's works from Less Than Three Press.  Also be sure to check out her blog, Twitter and Facebook.  I give Haunted Halls 4 Fairies for a great read that I really want more of.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome! Do we know if there are more planned?