Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Taming an Owl (Flushing Owl #2) by Stephani Hecht

I recently found the Flushing Owl series by Stephani Hecht on Amazon.  I was looking for interesting shifter romances.  I love the idea of any kind of avian shape shifter.  I always wondered what it would feel like to fly, to be free and to be able to be free of the fear of heights.  I also love owls more than almost any other animal.


Sometimes your past has a way of catching up with you, even if you don’t know what said past may be.


When Gene was freed from prison, he was more than happy to join Austin’s Owl Parliament. After all, Gene’s childhood family had exiled him and turned their backs, leaving Gene nowhere to go. He was a nobody. A floater. Just a whisper in the wind.
Ever since Gene joined the Parliament, Leon finds he is drawn to the newcomer. But there are just a few problems, as Gene is smart-mouthed, snarky, cocky, never listens to orders, and has more attitude than a four-year-old who has been denied his candy.
Then an unexpected threat comes from Gene’s past and threatens his life. Will Leon be able to save him? If so, will he be able to overcome all his fears in order to claim Gene as his?

I love Gene. I could really identify with him. He wanted to prove that he wasn't a total loser. He feels like dead weight in his Parliment and like he should be doing more to help out. The Parliment saved him so he feels that he should do more for them. Leon is so straight laced and military but he feels so drawn to Gene. I love the idea of opposites attracting. When I met my husband, we seemed outwardly very opposite but really, we were more alike than even we knew at that time. Gene is a mouthy punk who likes to dress in ratty jeans. Leon is former military and he hates disorder. They come together and complete one another. I really believe that that is what love is. Love is finding that one other person in this world who makes you feel like a piece of your soul that you never knew was missing has been returned to you.  That's what the idea of mates is like in the world of owl shifters.  When an owl finds his mate, he shares his heart and soul with another.  I liked this book so much that I had to buy the previous book in the series to read about Kayden and Austin.

You can click here to find the rest of the Flushing Owl series on Goodreads. Stephani Hecht can be found on her website and on Twitter! I give Taming an Owl 3 Fairies for a sweet and sassy romance between some awesome owls!

No comments: