Monday, December 8, 2014

The River Leith by Leta Blake

I was recently given a copy of The River Leith through NetGalley.  It turned out to be a book that I just could not put down.  I loved it.  Here's the cover and Goodreads blurb:

Memory is everything.

After an injury in the ring, amateur boxer Leith Wenz wakes to discover his most recent memories are three years out of date. Unmoored and struggling to face his new reality, Leith must cope anew with painful revelations about his family. His brother is there to support him, but it’s the unfamiliar face of Zach, a man introduced as his best friend, that provides the calm he craves. Until Zach’s presence begins to stir up feelings Leith can’t explain.

For Zach, being forgotten by his lover is excruciating. He carefully hides the truth from Leith to protect them both from additional pain. His bottled-up turmoil finds release through vlogging, where he confesses his fears and grief to the faceless Internet. But after Leith begins to open up to him, Zach's choices may come back to haunt him.

Ultimately, Leith must ask his heart the questions memory can no longer answer.


This was a really emotional read for me. It brought home to me how things can change in an instant. How I need to take advantage of every day with my husband. I want to believe that I would fall in love with my husband all over again if I were to suffer as Leith did. It was lovely to watch Lieth come back to himself over time and to see that Zach wasn't just his best friend. I loved how neither Leith nor Zach was perfect. They both had made mistakes both before and after the boxing match. I hated some of the things that Zach did as he was dealing with Leith's memory loss but I couldn't fault him for it. How would it feel to have your best friend and the love of your life taken from you so aburptly? I do know a little of what that feels like and I can only imagine that Zach was going through a hell that most of us can barely even begin to understand. It was so sweet watching the two of them work forward to some type of future together. They were starting over in a way. I loved every moment of this book- even the painful ones. I also may have plans to have the quote from the front pages of the book tattooed on my arm.

You can click here to add The River Leith to your Goodreads. You can find author Leta Blake on her blog and on Twitter. I give The River Leith 4 Fairies for a lovely romance that I adored.

No comments: