Saturday, March 7, 2015

Steampunk Saturday: Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles #1) by Suzanne Lazear


Wish. Love. Desire. Live.

Sixteen-year-old Noli Braddock's hoyden ways land her in an abusive reform school far from home. On mid-summer's eve she wishes to be anyplace but that dreadful school. A mysterious man from the Realm of Faerie rescues her and brings her to the Otherworld, only to reveal that she must be sacrificed, otherwise, the entire Otherworld civilization will perish.



I have long loved Suzanne Lazear but have only just gotten the chance to sit down and read her books. I tore through the whole series over the course of a few days. I loved the mixture of faery and steampunk. Noli is a girl who doesn't quite fit in with society's expectations of her. I loved that she is so strong in her self. She doesn't need to fit the expectations of others as long as she fits her own. I loved how sweet her friend Steven was as well. He made a pretty good foil for Noli. His brother James was funny and interesting. Noli's experience at the reform school is horrendous. It may be a trigger for some readers so if light torture and heavy punishment are issues for you, be wary. This series is going to be one of my all time favorites because it combines two things that I love: steampunk and fairies. I hope you will give it a try if you have not already.

You can click here to add Innocent Darkness to your Goodreads. Author Suzanne Lazear can be found on her blog, Tumblr and Twitter. You can learn more about the Aether Chronicles on the series website and Facebook pages. I give Innocent Darkness 4 Fairies for a great steampunk adventure with a great side trip to the faery realm.

No comments: