Friday, December 23, 2011

Heavenly (Heavenly #1) by Jennifer Laurens

Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens is a book that I've been wanting to read for over a year and I finally got a copy.    I started this book one night and just could not put it down.  It sucked me right in and I plan on getting the next two books in the series very soon.  Here's the Goodreads blurb:

I met someone who changed everything. Matthias. My autistic sister's guardian angel. Honest. Inspiring. Funny. Hot. And immortal. That was the problem. What could I do? I did what any other girl would do-I fell in love with him.

Zoe's sister darts in front of cars. Her brother's a pothead. Her parents are so overwhelmed; they don't see Zoe lost in her broken life. Zoe escapes the only way she knows how: partying. Matthias, a guardian sent from Heaven, watches over Zoe's autistic sister. After Zoe is convinced he's legit, angel and lost girl come together in a love that changes destiny. But Heaven on Earth can't last forever.
This book is just all kinds of awesome.  I really enjoyed every minute of it.  It is very real for a book with an angel in it.  Zoe isn't perfect by any means and that makes her very relate-able.  Even Matthias, who is a guardian angel, was imperfect in his human past.  The story of a girl who drinks and does things she really shouldn't as an escape from life with her younger sister, who has autism, and how she meets her sister's guardian angel... it's just so sweet and beautiful even though there are edgy moments throughout the book.  I especially enjoyed how Matthias still had the slang and mannerisms of a boy from the 1920's.  It was adorable.  I also loved how good he was with Zoe's sister.  I highly suggest this one for readers 14 and up due to some questionable content like teen drinking, sex and drug abuse.

You can add Heavenly to your Goodreads by clicking here.  You can also find out more about Jennifer and her work on her blog.  You can also follow her on Twitter.

Heavenly earns 5 Fairies for being a delightfully captivating story of a girl with issues and the guardian angel she falls in love with.

  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hadn't heard of this one before. I will definitely add this to my to-read list.