Saturday, July 21, 2012

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12) by Charlaine Harris

I was so excited to FINALLY get ahold of this book at our local library!  I'd been on the wait list for nearly a month before I finally got it.  It's kinda sad to think that we're nearly to the end of the Sookie Stackhouse Series.  Here's the Goodreads blurb:

With Felipe de Castro, the Vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), in town, it’s the worst possible time for a body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank. Now, it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.
This book broke my heart.  Poor Sookie is being drug through the ringer.  She finds out a lot of interesting things but she also learns some things that she regrets knowing.  I really loved how you can really see how much Sookie has grown into her own woman since the start of the series.  I love her character so much and I'm going to miss her after the series ends with the last book next May.  This book saw lots of little cameos from past characters: Quinn the weretiger, Amelia the Witch, Barry the Bellboy, Bubba, and Alcide was pretty present in the story.  I was so let down by Eric's behavior in this book.  (Sookie was too.)  He's always been my favorite but he really dropped the ball in this book.  He did and it has me worried for the last book.  All in all, this was an emotional read and I will be waiting with baited breath for the next one.

You can find out more about Charlaine Harris and her books on her official website.  You can click here to find this book on Goodreads.  This book earns 3 Fairies for being a heart breaking book in one of my favorite series.


No comments: