Saturday, January 19, 2013

Bloodrose (Nightshade 3) by Andrea Cremer

Bloodrose is the final book in the Nightshade trilogy.  It is the gutwrenching finale to the journey that we've been on with Shay, Ren and Calla.  Here's the cover and the Goodreads blurb:


Calla has always welcomed war.

But now that the final battle is upon her, there's more at stake than fighting. There's saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay's wrath. There's keeping Ansel safe, even if he's been branded a traitor. There's proving herself as the pack's alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers' magic once and for all. And then there's deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is.

Calla again shows her mettle.  I love that she is such a strong woman and leader and that she refuses to be defined by a man.  I love that she does her best to be a leader in her own right while assisting Ren and Shay as they work with the pack and the searchers.  She has her work cut out for her and she handles it well.  Shay was great in this book as well.  I love how he managed to handle his jealousy of Ren and his feelings for Calla without acting, well, like a dog marking his territory.  He was really well behaved about the whole thing.  I liked Ren so much more in this book than in the other two.  The story really brought out more of his character and I found myself empathizing with him like I hadn't before.  The ending was amazing.  It really was.  I never would have expected it.  I really hope that you'll all give this series a try.  It's worth the read!  I have Rift, the first of the prequel novels on my shelf and Rise has just come out so those two will be next on my reading list.

You can click here to add the Nightshade series to your Goodreads.  Andrea Cremer can be found on her website and on Twitter.  You can like the Nightshade series on Facebook and check out the dedicated series website!  I give Bloodrose 4 Fairies for an amazing conclusion to this series.

No comments: