Friday, February 15, 2013

Flash Friday!



Last week my pull box at the local comic shop was empty after Diamond Distribution sent the order to California instead of to Ohio.  (oops?!)  So this week the box was stuffed full of awesome goodies!  I got: Young Avengers #1, The Savage Hawkman #16 (the hubby's), Aquaman #16, Justice League #16, Nightwing #16, Blue Beetle #16 (the last issue), Red Hood and the Outlaws #16, Superboy Annual #1, Young Justice #24, Batman Inccorporated #7, The Flash #16, Batman and Robin Annual #1, Teen Titans #16, and Talong #4.  It was a stack for sure!

Young Avengers #1-  I have been waiting forever for this new title!  I love the Young Avengers but they have only really had a few titles over the years but now, they are BACK!  The art is beautiful and I like the changes they made in Billy and Teddy, they look a bit older and more secure in themselves.  The book bounces around, giving us an overview of where everyone is and what they are doing.  I loved this issue and I am so glad that the writer is a huge fan of the Young Avengers!  I think it's a great sign.  I can't wait to see where this title goes.  I give Marvel Now Young Avengers 5 Flashes for being the book that the Young Avengers deserve.

Find It: In Print on MyComicShop or Digital on Comixology.


Teen Titans #16-  This book was legendary in that it had pages and pages of Tim and Jason working together.  JayTim is one of my favorite things.  It may be the only thing that Lobdell has ever done that I can get behind.  The Joker is so insane in this book.  You get to the last page and you freak out wondering what is going to happen to the boys in red.  I liked seeing them work together.  Jay trusts Tim to have a plan, to think his way out of it.  Tim knows Jay well enough to know how he will react to having something waved in his face, Tim knows that Jay will chase after it with a single minded determination.  It's just great to watch.  I loved it.  We also get two pages to see what the rest of the Titans and the Outlaws are up to.  It's even more to think about!  Overall this book was a great one! 

Find It: In Print on MyComicShop or Digital on Comixology.



No comments: