Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hearts and Flour by Tara Lain

I came across Hearts and Flour by Tara Lain as I was hopping through one of the many Valentine's Day themed blog hops last month.  I read a blurb from it on one of the blogs and HAD to read it.  I bought it on my Kindle and read it on Valentine's Day (much to my husband's chagrin).  Here is the blurb and cover:

A raw food fanatic and a cupcake baker -- can two hearts rise above the flour?

To Micah Truveen, raw, vegan food is his religion. So when his devoted customers start showing up with white flour cupcakes, Micah could kill. To cap off a rotten day before Valentine’s Day, Micah comes home to find his boyfriend, Dharamaram, in bed with someone else. In frustration, he throws the rat out and agrees to go to his friend’s orgiastic anti-Valentines party where he meets a gorgeous cross-dressing guy who gives him a night to remember.

Southerner, Quentin Darby wishes he could stop wearing women’s clothes. He desperately wants to live up to the glowing opinion his grandmother holds of him, so he’s never even told her he’s gay. And now there’s this guy who makes him wish he could just be who he is. But Micah finds out that Quentin is none other than the baker responsible for the plague of cupcakes afflicting the community! And Dharmaram adds a little blackmail to the mix. Two guys with nothing in common except love--food for thought.

I found this book to be absolutely adorable.  It has it's fair share of steamy scenes but the characters are just so lovely!  I think that the characters made this story.  Quentin was by far my favorite because he was just so sweet and sassy.  He really knew who he was even if he hadn't shared that with his grandma yet.  His grandmother was a breath of fresh air!  I loved that she was so open to new things and that she loved her grandson.  She was a hoot!  I know neither of my grandmas would ever even think to take yoga.  Micah was a sweetheart who you instantly felt for.  Everyone but him could see that he was being taken for a ride.  It was awful to watch him get his heart broken but then, love always finds a way.  What a sweet story!  It is obviously pretty graphic and is an ADULT book.

You can click here to add Hearts and Flour to your Goodreads.  Tara Lain can be found on her website, her blog, on Facebook and on Twitter.  I give Hearts and Flour 4 Fairies because it was a joy to read and Quentin is one of new favorite book boys!


1 comment:

Cayce said...

Oh yes, I really liked Hearts and Flour, too. I almost always enjoy Tara Lain's sweet/cute stories :)