Thursday, January 2, 2014

Backwoods Asylum by Megan Derr

I love when you are actually suggested a book by Amazon that sounds good! I was suggested this one after finishing another title on my Kindle so I saved it to my Wishlist and I bought it when I had some Amazon gift cards to spend. SO worth the wait!

Skylar is used to the way people think of him as frightening, mean, and dangerous. Snakes are not the most popular shifters around and the fact he grew up wild doesn't help. He knows the way he's chosen to live alone in the woods only makes things worse, but he didn't think it meant people thought him capable of killing a couple of wolf puppies.

Determined to find the real monster who left them to die, Skylar calls up the only wolf he knows, a man he always wished would see him as more than a snake …


I absolutely love Skylar! He is so sweet and adorable. I have a hard time reconciling it with his animal form: the cotton mouth or water moccasin snake.  Many people have issues with snakes and I think that's why you so rarely see snake shape shifters in books even though there are many human/snake mythological representations.  This is only the third time that I have seen a snake shape shifter in a book.  I really enjoyed it!  I wish that the story had been longer because it was that good.  I also liked that it was extremely clean for a m/m novel.  There was an allusion to sex but no description of it.  You rarely see m/m romance that focuses on the romance and not the physical.  The entire story was adorable and really just left me wanting more of Sky and Brady's story.

Click here to add Backwoods Asylum to your Goodreads.  Megan Derr can be found on her website, her blog, Tumblr, and Twitter.  I give Backwoods Asylum 4 Fairies for a sweet and romantic read that left me wanting more!


No comments: