Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year everyone!  I hope that you have had a wonderfilled 2013 and that you have all of the blessings and love that you can handle in 2014.  Our family has certainly had an eventful 2013.  We added Robin, the Bearded Dragon to our family as a baby in March and now she has nearly reached her full size.  Jaybird, our hedgehog, turned one year old in September.  His party was fun for all.  We took up geocaching and letterboxing to keep active and out of doors.  (Check out Geocaching on geocaching.com and Letterboxing on letterboxing.org or atlasquest.com!)  We attended our first comic convention.  The kids wore their first cosplays.  Eldest son won his first cosplay award.  The kids joined 4-H and loved every minute of it.  The husband has found the "joy" of playing Magic The Gathering.  He's happy but I am not ready for the constant barrage of CARDS all over the house and car.  I read nearly 200 books this year and my comic collection grew to include 10 short boxes and a nearly full shelf of trade paperbacks.  I have about 5,000 Twitter followers and around 2,000 blog followers!  My how things have grown!

It has also been a trying and emotional year as we helped my mom empty and list for sale the house that I grew up in (I spent the first 17 years of my life there).  Seeing the for sale sign in the yard made it so terribly real that that era of our lives is over.  My youngest are now in kindergarten and the oldest is nearly 10 (and going on 15).  I no longer have little kids in my home.  Everyone is in school and they only need me for homework and taxi service now.  The twins got glasses.  (Keeping the glasses on them is a challenge all on its own!)  Our lives are so full and busy now!

Happy New Year and here's to many more! 

No comments: