Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Son of Sobek (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #1) By Rick Riordan

My eldest son loves the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan.  He started with the Percy Jackson books but when he found the Kane Chronicles series... he found his all time favorite.  He loves Egyptology and has read and reread the Kane Chronicles.  I bought him this short story to read and he shared it with his father and I.  Check it out.


Carter Kane is investigating rumored sightings of a monster on Long Island when he runs into something else: a mysterious boy named Percy Jackson. And their meeting isn't exactly friendly. . . . Includes a sneak peek chapter from HOUSE OF HADES, Book Four in the Heroes of Olympus series.



This short story was great. I hadn't really gotten into the Kane Chronicles books when I tried reading them a few years ago. They just did not grab me like the Percy Jackson books did. But this short story really immersed me in Carter Kane's world and made me want to read the series. Carter and Percy are similar in that they each have abilities that are not normal but they are also different. Carter is a magician who helps keep the Egyptian gods and goddesses from making a mess in the modern world. He is not a child of the gods like Percy but he has the blessings of the God Horus. I think that the Kane series seems to make the confusing world of ancient Egypt easier to understand. I am definitely going to try to read them again. The next crossover short story comes out in a few weeks so you still have time to get your pre-order in. Son of Sobek earns 5 Fairies for a great crossover story that made me enjoy Carter Kane.

You can add Son of Sobek to your Goodreads here.  You can also pre-order the next short story, The Staff of Serapis, for your Nook or Kindle and add it to your Goodreads.  Find out more about author Rick Riordan on his website and follow him on Twitter.

No comments: