Friday, June 13, 2014

Curtsies and Conspiracies (Finishing School #2) by Gail Carriger

I finally got a chance to sit down and read Curtsies and Conspiracies by Gail Carriger. If you've been following me for a while, then you've heard me go on and on about my love of all things Gail Carriger. I've been wanting to read this book for quite some time. Here's the cover and Goodreads blurb:

Sophronia, second year at Miss Geraldine's Finishing Academy, helps Dimity avoid London kidnappers and Vieve 10 attend Bunson boys' school. Someone kills for malfunctioning guidance valves that can control 'aether' atmosphere level. Again, she flirts with 'sootie' coal-worker Soap from the boiler room, and cuts Felix, son of Duke Golborne, at come-out ball. Teacher Captain Niall turns werewolf; vampire Prof Braithwope braves 'tether'; mechanimal Bumbersnoot plays essential role.
I loved every moment of this book!  Pillover was a typical boy who gave some levity to the book.  Felix is an interesting young man who is both excceedingly enjoyable and offensive to read.  I loved seeing Soap again.  I can not wait until we can see what Ms. Carriger has in store for Mr. Phineas B. Crow.  We got some great foreshadowing of how Lady Kingair's life is going to progress.  I can't wait to see more from her in the next book.  Bumbsnoot brought the house down with his role on the missions in this book.  Dimity made me angry in the first half of the book until she got her spine back and chose her friends and loyalty over her directives.  There is just so much to recommend this book!  I highly recommend that you try this series!!  The books are well written and very funny.

You can click here to find the Finishing School books on Goodreads. Remember, you can keep up to date with Ms. Carriger on her BLOG and follow her on Twitter. Make sure you check out her blog because she has TONS of information on Steampunkery!! The next book in the series, Waistcoats and Weaponry, is due out on November 4. Be sure to pre-order your copy now! I give Curtsies and Conspiracies 5 Fairies for a fun, adventure filled romp across England that is written so well that I never wanted to finish the book.

No comments: