Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Prophet (The Graveyard Queen #3) by Amanda Stevens

I was super excited to get the chance to read the most recent book in the Graveyard Queen series.  I absolutely adore the Graveyard Queen series because cemetery restoration is one of my favorite things and I love the symbolism that Amanda Stevens works into the books.  Here is the cover and the Goodreads blurb:

My name is Amelia Gray.

I am the Graveyard Queen, a cemetery restorer who sees ghosts. My father passed down four rules to keep me safe and I've broken every last one. A door has opened and evil wants me back.

In order to protect myself, I've vowed to return to those rules. But the ghost of a murdered cop needs my help to find his killer. The clues lead me to the dark side of Charleston—where witchcraft, root doctors and black magic still flourish—and back to John Devlin, a haunted police detective I should only love from afar.Now I'm faced with a terrible choice: follow the rules or follow my heart.

This book doesn't really focus on a cemetery restoration, although Amelia is working on one. This book gives a look into the mystical side of the south. Amelia is targeted by a ghost and a root doctor. She has to navigate her way through the shadowy world of the root doctors to find the truth behind the murder of the ghost haunting her. I was just so worried for poor Amelia! This mystery is a real nail biter! I was just so torn throughout this story! It didn't grab me and make me love it like the other two books in the series but it did keep me emotionally compromised throughout the book. I just wanted more ... good to happen for Amelia, I guess. The romance was barely there but still wonderful. I can not wait to see what Amanda does in the next book!

You can click here to find the Graveyard Queen series on Goodreads.  You can find Amanda Stevens' website here.  Her Graveyard Queen site is here.  Amanda can also be found on Twitter and Facebook.  This book earns 3 Fairies for a thrilling mystery that kept me on the edge of my seat.


1 comment:

Lark Andrea said...

This is one of my favorite series! I'm so glad that Amanda is working on more of Amelia's story.