Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Horse Crazy by Caitlin Ricci

I recently received a copy of Horse Crazy from Less Than Three Press through NetGalley. I thought that the blurb was adorable and I really wanted to read it. Here's the cover and the Goodreads blurb:

Melody and her teenage daughter, Kristen, have moved to Colorado for a fresh start. She's still not 100% where she wants to be in terms of her body yet but she is finally comfortable with herself and is living completely as a woman for the first time in her life. To thank Kristen for being so wonderful she promises her daughter riding lessons, something her little girl has always dreamed of.

While waiting for the lesson to start, she's happy to see her daughter amidst the horses that she loves so much, but Melody does not expect the handsome man who sits down next to her—a man who proves to be Kristen's instructor and idol, to be interested in taking Melody out on a date…



I thought that this book showed a lot of promise but it is not really a book as much as a novella. I loved the characters as each one was adorable and endearing. The idea of a transwoman starting her life over with her daughter is a really intriguing one. I loved the story over all but I felt that it ended abruptly. I would have liked to have seen more from this story though. It built so beautifully and then it was just over. I wanted more of a story. Just more overall. But I still recommend this one.

You can click here to find Horse Crazy on Goodreads. Author Caitlin Ricci can be found on her website, Facebook and Twitter. I give Horse Crazy 3 Fairies for a sweet story that I wanted more of.

No comments: