Sunday, June 3, 2012

BEA is on the way!



I'm once again headed to Book Expo America in New York from June 3-8, 2012.  I attended last year and it was an awesome experience so I'm glad to be going back this year.  YOU, yes YOU, can join the fun here on my blog as I post the highlights when I recap each day and its events.  You can also watch the action live via the embedded player that I'm going to have posted here.  It should be a pretty great week!  Here are some of the books and authors that I'm excited for:

Tuesday June 5

Peter Tomasi will be signing trade paperbacks of Batman & Robin: Born to Kill- I loved this story arc and am so excited to see this on the schedule!
Andrea Cremer will be signing copies of Rift- her prequel to the Nightshade trilogy, which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Leah Clifford will be signing copies of A Touch Morbid- I love this series and Leah.
Maria V. Snyder will be signing Touch of Power and Inside- her books are lovely and so is she.
Rachel Vincent will be signing Soul Screamers Volume 1- I'm all about this series.  Team Tod all the way.
Julie Kagawa will be signing The Immortal Rules- she's a sweetheart and a genius.
Lauren Oliver will be signing The Spindlers- she's as sweet as the day is long and her books are beautiful.
Maggie Stiefvater will be signing The Raven Boys- I did not get to see Maggie at last year's BEA so I really hope to make it to this signing.
Marie Lu will be signing Patriot- a book firmly placed on my To Read list.
Melissa Marr will be signing Carnival of Souls- I love her books.  Every one.
This is by no means all of the authors and books I hope to see on Tuesday.  There is also the Teen Author Carnival in New York that night with SO many great YA authors signed up to attend.  Tuesday is going to be a big day.

Wednesday June 6

Becca Fitzpatrick will be signing Finale.  How awesome will that be?!
Courtney Allison Moulton will be signing Wings of the Wicked, which I REALLY want to read.
Emily White will be signing Elemental at the Spencer Hill Press Table.  SUCH a good book.
Jonathan Maberry will be signing Rot and Ruin.  I LOVE this series.  It makes me cry in a good way.
John Green will be signing The Fault in Our Stars and The Abundance of Katherines and the man is an absolute genius so this is not to be missed.
Mo Willems will be signing Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs and The Duckling Gets a Cookie?- who doesn't love Mo Willems?!
Cara Lynn Schultz will be signing Spellcaster- these books are great.  I really enjoy them.
Aprilynne Pike will be signing Destined.  What a great series!!!
Maureen Johnson will be signing Name of the Star which I want because it is amazing.
Veronica Roth will be signing Insurgent which is all kinds of awesome.
Jennifer Armentrout will be signing Cursed at the Spencer Hill Press Booth- and I love her to bits.  Her books are such fun.  AND she created Seth... which gets her bonus points.
Andrew Grey will be signing Unsettled Range- I adore his books.  SO moving and heartfelt.
Libba Bray will be signing The Diviners- I really want to read this one.

Thursday June 7

Scott Snyder will be signing trades of Batman: The Court of the Owls- this is awesome.  Loved this story arc!
Jeri Smith Ready will be signing copies of Shine- I LOVE Jeri and the Shade series.
Chipp Kidd will be signing copies of Batman: Death by Design, an epic looking Batman graphic novel.
Jackson Pearce will be singing copies of Fathomless and I really enjoy her work.
Victoria Schwab will be signing the Near Witch.  Beautiful book.
Maggie Stiefvater will be signing The Curiosities: A Collection of Short Stories.  Should be awesome.
Kristin Cashore will be signing Bitterblue- which I want to read.
Karen Mahoney will be signing The Wood Queen- I can't WAIT for this one!
Lani Woodland will be signing Intrinsical and Indelible.  I'm super excited for this.

I also have plans to check out Forbidden Planet- the coolest comic shop in New York for Flash Friday AND I'll be staying with some awesome bloggers at the hotel.  There will be tons going on all week long.

Hope to see you back here for the rest of this week as I journey to New York and Book Expo America!

No comments: