Friday, January 11, 2013

Flash Friday!


Flash Friday is back with the new year and I made a new graphic for it too.  Today I want to catch you all up on the Death of the Family story arc happening in Gotham and the new Young Avengers title that is releasing this month.

The Death of the Family story arc has been escalating quickly since it began in October.  We've seen Joker attack Barbara Gordon and her mother.  The Outlaws are searching for the Red Hood.  The Titans are in Gotham looking for Red Robin.  The Joker is messing with Damian and trying to pit him against his father.  Damian has threatened to break his solemn vow to Bruce and Dick.  Arsenal has swooped in to save the Titans who are in over their head with the Joker.  Things are getting crazy and the Joker is showing his -ahem- feelings for the Dark Knight in some really creepy ways.  I can't wait to see how the Titans and the Outlaws work together.  DC's solicits for March are pretty spoiler filled and people are betting that Damian, Comissioner Gordon or Alfred Pennyworth are the top 3 most likely people to be killed by the Joker in this story arc.  I really don't want to see any of them go but Gordon is the least likely to make me bawl and rip up comics.  I guess we will have to wait and see.

On January 23rd, the Young Avengers are getting back together in their own title from Marvel as part of the "soft reboot" process.  Kid Loki is getting the guys back together and bringing in some new blood.  He wants something from Wiccan but who knows what that is.  Loki thinks he is mastermind behind something big by bringing these kids together.  I guess we'll see what he's up too soon.  The covers look great and I especially want the variant for #1.  I'm thinking about trying their Nova title too but we'll see.  I am not big on Marvel.

Next week, I'll be back with more from Death of the Family and lots more!  What did you pull this week?!

No comments: