Sunday, January 13, 2013

Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk #1) by Bec McMaster

I won a copy of Kiss of Steel a while back and I was SO excited to get a chance to read it.  I love new steampunk books!  This book was great and I am looking forward to the rest of the series!


When Nowhere Is Safe

Most people avoid the dreaded Whitechapel district. For Honoria Todd, it's the last safe haven. But at what price?

Blade is known as the master of the rookeries—no one dares cross him. It's been said he faced down the Echelon's army single-handedly, that ever since being infected by the blood-craving he's been quicker, stronger, and almost immortal.

When Honoria shows up at his door, his tenuous control comes close to snapping. She's so...innocent. He doesn't see her backbone of steel—or that she could be the very salvation he's been seeking.
I really enjoyed the fact that this is set right in the Whitechapel area of London- infamous home of Jack the Ripper.  Honoria is a brave woman who is doing her best to take care of her brother and sister in impossible circumstances.  The idea that the aristocracy are the vampires that control the people of London and use them for their blood.  Blade is a lovely character that I just adored.  He was born in the wrong part of town and now he runs his own portion of Whitechapel.  He very much reminds me of my favorite anti-hero Jason Todd (former Robin 2, current Red Hood).  Blade will make you root for him, you can't help but love him.  It also doesn't hurt that Honoria's last name is Todd.  I loved every moment of this book and was so excited to hear that it would be the start of a series.  I highly recommend this book to those who might be new to steampunk but who are used to reading paranormal.  It is really worth the read.

You can click here to add Kiss of Steel to your Goodreads.  You should also check out Bec McMaster's website.  She can also be found on Twitter and Facebook.  I give Kiss of Steel 5 Fairies for a book that I plan on rereading again and again.


No comments: